RE: Custom Elements: is=""

From: Léonie Watson <lwatson@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 15:33:15 +0100
To: "'Bruce Lawson'" <brucel@opera.com>, "'Tobie Langel'" <tobie@codespeaks.com>
Cc: "'WebApps WG'" <public-webapps@w3.org>
From: Bruce Lawson [mailto:brucel@opera.com]
Sent: 13 June 2015 14:57
Subject: Re: Custom Elements: is=""

On 12 June 2015 at 21:26, Tobie Langel <tobie@codespeaks.com> wrote:
> I'm also concerned developers will mistakenly write:
>
>     <my-button is=button>
>
> As it is much closer in form to what they want to achieve (see the
> extend=parent syntax I wrote earlier).

That's true (and I've done exactly this myself). But wouldn't

<button extendedby="my-button">

solve that?

I think the problem with this would be that it still turns the expected X extends Y convention on its head? It also appears as though the attributes relate to <button> rather than the element indicated in the extendedby= attribute.

Léonie.

--
Léonie Watson - Senior accessibility engineer
@LeonieWatson @PacielloGroup PacielloGroup.com