Re: Custom Elements: is=""

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> > - v1 sets the stage for people to develop habits and expectations about
> how
> > custom elements work. New features tend to be slowly adopted, by both
> > browser vendors and (partly as a consequence) developers, so even if we
> do
> > come up with something for v2, it will be even longer before it becomes
> > mainstream (and as I mentioned earlier we will still be stuck with code
> > written to v1 for much longer again).
>
> I don't see how it will be longer. is="" is not getting acceptance
> as-is. So all this would result in is not getting custom elements
> across browsers until v2 is done.

I sort of assumes that the reason for this discussion is to get everyone on
the same page regarding type extension and hope to arrive at better
acceptance.

Arguing that something isn't getting acceptance when the purpose of
discussion is attempting to gain the said acceptance seems a bit circular.

Other than that, please do continue this conversation! :)

:DG<