Re: Shadow DOM: state of the distribution API

From: Olli Pettay <olli@pettay.fi>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 17:46:29 +0300
To: Wilson Page <wilsonpage@me.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
CC: Hayato Ito <hayato@chromium.org>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@chromium.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 05/15/2015 05:37 PM, Wilson Page wrote:
> Would it be possible to leave the calling of the shadowRoot's distribute() function to the engine? This way the engine can be in full control over
> *when* distribution happens.

We would need to define when the engine calls it, otherwise web pages start to rely on the behavior of whatever engine the developers of the
particular page mostly use.

-Olli