Re: Custom Elements: is=""

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 16:00:19 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 6 May 2015 at 14:25, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> I think we reached rough consensus at the Extensible Web Summit that
> is="" does not do much, even for accessibility.

I agree on one level, it does not do a lot for accessibility because the
issue of styling native elements still remains. I don't quite understand
how sub-classing does not help accessibility, when in the cases of simple
controls that have added custom features, re-using a button or a checkbox
etc rather than buidling it from scratch appears to be useful for
accessibility and other reasons.

note: this is not an argument for is= :-)
--

Regards

SteveF