Re: :host pseudo-class

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's certainly no weirder, imo, than having a pseudo-element that
> doesn't actually live in any element's pseudo-tree, but instead just
> lives in the normal DOM, but can only be selected by using a
> pseudo-element selector with no LHS.  Pseudo-elements are fucked,
> unfortunately, but we have to live with their quirks, and those quirks
> make them really bad for this particular case.

Why?

And again, from the perspective of the shadow tree, the host element
is not part of its normal DOM. The shadow tree is its normal DOM. This
is the same as ::-webkit-range-thumb. From the perspective of the
light DOM, that element is not part of its normal DOM. But it is part
of the composed DOM.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/