Re: [components] Isolated Imports and Foreign Custom Elements

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 21:35:46 -0700
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me>

On May 1, 2015, at 4:35 PM, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me> wrote:

>> alert(weirdArray.__proto__ == localArray.__proto__)
>
> This alerts false in IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

That is what I'd expect it to do. (It does the same in Safari).

I guess I didn't explain why I put this line in, so for clarity: this line demonstrates that the instance created was not of the local browsing context's Array, but rather of the distinct Array from the other frame. Which shows that there is a well-defined meaning to creating instances of constructors from another global object. Apologies if this was too subtle.

Regards,
Maciej