Re: Exposing structured clone as an API?

The way many browsers implement this isn't going to be particularly fast.
It serializes the objects to a byte sequence so it can be transferred to
another thread or process and then inflates the objects on the other side.

Have you benchmarked this? I think you're better off just writing your own
clone library.