Re: Exposing structured clone as an API?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 15:27:17 -0700
To: Ted Mielczarek <ted@mozilla.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, kg@luminance.org
On 23 April 2015 at 15:02, Ted Mielczarek <ted@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ever proposed exposing the structured clone algorithm directly as an API?

If you didn't just do so, I will :)

> 1. https://twitter.com/TedMielczarek/status/591315580277391360

Looking at your jsfiddle, here's a way to turn that into something useful.

+Object.prototype.clone = Object.prototype.clone || function() {
- function clone(x) {
    return new Promise(function (resolve, reject) {
        window.addEventListener('message', function(e) {
            resolve(e.data);
        });
+        window.postMessage(this, "*");
-        window.postMessage(x, "*");
    });
}

But are we are in the wrong place to have that discussion?