Re: HTML imports in Firefox

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 21:16:58 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does [Bugzilla] capture all of Mozilla's Imports concerns (or at least the
> higher priority issues)? If not, who should I contact to request capturing
> your concerns?

The high-order bit is that Mozilla is not interested in shipping
anything here until 1) ES6 modules have been adopted and 2) people
have used that to create dependency systems in libraries and
frameworks. We have already committed to two systems (ES6 modules and
service workers) that heavily impact this space. Given that those
working on ES6 modules do not think HTML Imports is a good match and
HTML Imports can be polyfilled to the extent necessary to make use of
custom elements (as seen in e.g. Gaia), we don't think it's needed at
this point.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/