Re: File API: reading a Blob

Arun,

I know you (File API) care about it, I was more refering to other groups
that seem not to care a lot, leading to absurd situations where we are
streaming things without streams and have to implement some strange
inadapted mechanisms for flow control/backpressure for example.

The examples I gave in this thread are just a small subset of what I
(everybody) need, which involves all the groups listed below.

Despite of the fact that the spec is probably mature enough, I am not
sure it can really be finalized without parallel field experimentation,
which to work well needs to involve several groups and browsers from
now, despite of the efforts of people involved the process is really too
long.

If we take the File API to address your concern, probably the question
is not whether the earlier (or whatever) version should be modified
(because the answer would be obviously yes for me, use cases are legion)
but to make it work on the field with streams and finalize the spec
accordingly, same thing for the other APIs.

Regards,

Aymeric

--
Peersm : http://www.peersm.com