Re: File API: reading a Blob

On Aug 11, 2014, at 7:24 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

>> Other than “chunks of bytes” which needs some normative backbone, is the basic abstract model what you had in mind? If so, that might be worth getting into File APi and calling it done, because that’s a reusable abstract model for Fetch and for FileSystem.
>
> Yeah that looks good. https://whatwg.github.io/streams/ defines chunks
> and such, but is not quite there yet. But it is what we want to build
> this upon eventually.

I’ve fixed the model according to these discussions:

1. We’ve separated the read operation and the “annotated task read operation.” The former uses Fetch’s notion of a body, which is a byte stream, and so is convenient to work with. Hopefully, it should allow plugging right back into Fetch.

2. The methods now invoke an annotated task read operation.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#reading-data-section

— A*