Re: File API: reading a Blob

From: Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:20:58 +0200
To: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>

Le 10/07/2014 19:05, Arun Ranganathan a écrit :
> We agreed some time ago to not have partial data.

I still think that's a big mistake. Even if the Streams API will solve
this, this should be corrected in the File API.

Unless I am misusing the API, you can not even increment a Blob, you
have to create a new one each time, this should be corrected too.

Example:
var myfile=new Blob();

//chunks are coming in
myfile=new Blob([myfile,chunk],...)

//mylink A tag
mylink.href=URL.createObjectURL(myfile)

click on mylink --> does not work

Expected behavior: the file (a video for example) should play as it is
incremented.

This is inconsistent with the standard files behavior (see [1] for
example), this example should work without having to use the Media
Source Extensions API.

Regards

Aymeric

[1] https://github.com/Ayms/torrent-live