Re: Blocking message passing for Workers

David Bruant wrote:
> I proposed exposing both here
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013OctDec/0164.html
> Jonas Sicking wasn't sold
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013OctDec/0165.html

You didn't reply, but we now have a good argument thanks to your point
here, about reusing async-only JS libraries.

> And I haven't found later replies on this topic.

Alon replied to Jonas, saying somewhat more gently what I said about
generators/async-functions/whole-program-CPS-conversion being infeasible
for Emscripten:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013OctDec/0175.html

Jonas's desire for parsimony is a good design bias, but we now have a
reason to consider async as well as sync APIs for workers.

However, I'd still want some case analysis. Do we see Emscripten using
IndexedDB to emulate a synchronous filesystem? If we have a sync f/s API
that's closer to Unix/C, perhaps there's no Emscripten-based need.
Cc'ing Alon, assuming Jonas will catch up on the list.

/be