Re: Proposal for User Agent Augmented Authorization

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:38:52 +0200
To: Sam Penrose <spenrose@mozilla.com>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Sam Penrose <spenrose@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Web apps suffer particularly due to non-http URIs and cookie segregation. We would like feedback on the specific APIs suggested, as well as the overall problem framing. Thank you for your consideration.

One problem I have with OAuth or perhaps the implementation thereof by
services around the web is that it is typically all-or-nothing. E.g.
currently I can visit Google Maps and opt to not share my location.
But I cannot login to some services without giving them access to post
on my Facebook wall.

I guess there is not much that can be done about this other than
encouraging services to provide such granularity.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/