Re: =[xhr]

From: <nmork_consultant@cusa.canon.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 09:49:50 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Thank you for letting me know my input is not desired.

From:   "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
To:     nmork_consultant@cusa.canon.com,
Cc:     public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Date:   08/01/2014 06:46 AM
Subject:        Re: =[xhr]

On Aug 1, 2014 8:39 AM, <nmork_consultant@cusa.canon.com> wrote:

> Spinner is not sufficient.  All user activity must stop.  They can take
 a coffee break if it takes too long.  Browser must be frozen and locked
down completely.  No other options are desirable.  All tabs, menus, etc.
must be frozen.  That is exactly the desired result.
By "spinner", I also meant freezing other parts of the page as necessary,
or obscuring them so they can't be clicked.
Asking to freeze the rest of the browser is unnecessary and extremely
user-hostile, and we don't support allowing content to do that.
~TJ