Re: Fallout of non-encapsulated shadow trees

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 7/1/14, 9:13 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:
>> Are you sure? Because Gecko has used XBL (1) to implement, e.g., <input
>> type=file>, or so my aging memory says.
>
> We use XBL to implement <marquee>.

Also <video> playback controls, per your next message.

> We do not use XBL to implement <input type="file">, though there was
> once a project to do that sort of thing.

Thanks.

There's a lot of prior art here to inform this discussion and (I hope it
already did inform) shadow DOM. But it seems like not everyone knows or
remembers the full story, definitely including me.

To get to the promised land, we need to share the same bible. Who is the
Shadow DOM / WebComponents Moses?

/be