Re: XMLHttpRequest Level 1- specification history

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Mar 2014, Jungkee Song wrote:
> >
> > I presume the author originally put the part rather informatively. I
> > made it a single sentence as clarified here:
> >
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/raw-file/default/xhr-1/Overview.html#specification-history
>
> Oh, man, please don't fork this further!
>
> The canonical spec for XHR is Anne's, at http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
>
> I really would rather the W3C stopped causing all this confusion with all
> these forks of WHATWG specs. It's harming the Web.

This snapshot is not to develop the features in its own way but to provide
the work for the implementors to test and achieve the compatibility with. I
think the related testing efforts [1] (the current status [2]) from many
industry players (of course Anne contributed enormous part of the test too)
are improving the Web in a way.

[1] http://w3c-test.org/XMLHttpRequest/
[2] http://jungkees.github.io/XMLHttpRequest-test/

> --