Re: [push-api] Dependency on "System Messages"

From: Michael van Ouwerkerk <mvanouwerkerk@google.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:53:59 +0000
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L" <bs3131@att.com>
Cc: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
In Blink/Chrome we are looking into the Push API. We intend to use Service
Workers as an alternative for System Messages. The idea is to fire an event
in the SW when a push message is received. This has a big advantage: waking
up a SW should be much faster than loading the whole document.

Regards,

Michael