Re: Decoupling <style scoped> from Shadow DOM

On Feb 20, 2014, at 6:29 PM, Hajime Morrita <morrita@google.com> wrote:
> Firefox has already shipped <style scoped> without Shadow DOM and I guess there is no dependency from scoped style to shadow DOM as the former is done before the later is started.

Looks like Firefox supports it since 21.

> In Blink, Shadow DOM styling and <style scoped> kind of share the underlying plumbing. But it is more like that both depend on same lower-level mechanism for style scoping of DOM subtree. There is no direct dependency between both.

I had an impression that scoped style element was removed in Blink per discussion here:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!msg/blink-dev/JB8nFQXhAuQ/q_yIqFFEUVkJ

But I guess nobody proceeded to do so?
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/blink/+/master/Source/core/html/HTMLStyleElement.cpp

- R. Niwa