Re: [webcomponents] Switch for Selection Isolation

From: Kenji Baheux <kenjibaheux@google.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 06:21:41 +0900
To: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Cc: Hayato Ito <hayato@google.com>, Hajime Morrita <morrita@google.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi,

I've been thinking more about selection, and I think we need a flag/switch
> to indicate whether we want a isolated selection or not
> since it's highly desirable to have a separate selection for creating
> custom form controls like input, text area,

Would you mind elaborating what you mean by "isolated selection" and its
opposite?
Additionally, concrete use cases + expectations for both the with and
without isolated selection would be extremely helpful.

Best,

--
Kenji BAHEUX
Product Manager - Chrome