Re: [webcomponents] Imperative API for Insertion Points

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:03:43 -0800
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hi Alex,

You wrote:

> This doesn't seem like progress. I'd hope an imperative API would,
> instead, be used to explain how the existing system works and then
> propose layering that both accommodates the existing system and opens
> new areas for programmatic use.

I think Ryosuke's <content>.add/remove are a better base layer than
<content select>. In fact, <content select> is straightforwardly
implementable / explainable on top of MO + <content>.add/remove, but
there are several use cases that <content>.add/remove address that are
difficult or impossible with <content select> (as described in Maciej's
recent email on this thread).

Ted