Re: Why can't we just use constructor instead of createdCallback?

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:25:46 -0800
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, William Chen <wchen@mozilla.com>
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> Dimitri, I'd still love to hear feedback from you on the idea above.
> Seems like it could fix one of the design issues that a lot of people
> have reacted to.

I am not sure I fully understand how this will work. Let me try to repeat
it back and see if I got this right.

Basically, we are modifying the tree construction algorithm to be a 3-pass
system:

1) Build a meta tree (each node in the tree is a meta object that
represents an element that will be constructed)
2) Instantiate all elements by calling constructors on them
3) Build the tree of elements from the meta tree.

Right?

:DG<