Re: [File System APIs] If one is good, then two must be better?

On Feb 5, 2014, at 11:12 AM, Ian Clelland wrote:

> The great thing about Cordova is that it doesn't have to be a single platform -- every developer has the power to choose the APIs that they want to use, and every published app is essentially running on its own custom web platform.
>
> I wasn't presenting the Cordova data point as "we're doing this already, and it's going to be too much work to change now". Far from it; Cordova is a flexible platform, and someone could write a plugin providing the Mozilla-backed Filesystem API tomorrow, and it wouldn't cause any hardship to developers who didn't choose to adopt it.

My point was merely to say that  "every published app running on its own custom web platform" is a different kind of implementation than a web browser, that's all :-)

I think it's *really great* that Cordova provides a flexible platform for web APIs to land, and that plugins can be deployed rapidly. I'd *gladly* welcome an implementation of the FileSystem proposal in Cordova, or at least more feedback on the proposal as it stands currently.

-- A*