Re: Custom Elements: 'data-' attributes

From: Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 15:07:28 -0700
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Wilson Page <wilsonpage@me.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>, "public-webapps@w3c.org" <public-webapps@w3c.org>
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
There is a difference in people not caring about forward compatibility and polluting the global namespace, and not providing a mechanism to do it right in the first place.

If we're encouraging authors to define their own attributes, then we should provide a mechanism or a guideline to do so in a forward compatible manner.

- R. Niwa