Re: [webcomponents] Seeking status and plans

Sure thing, Art!

* Introduction to Web Components (http://www.w3.org/TR/components-intro/)
status should be WD, next working draft coming out shortly, adjusting for
changes in the underlying specs. Dominic Cooney (dominicc@chromium.org) is
the primary editor of this document.

* Custom Elements (http://www.w3.org/TR/custom-elements/) is getting pretty
close to pre-LC soliciting public review. There's been work on tests, but
nothing to show for yet. We've been focusing on getting the basics right.

* Shadow DOM (http://www.w3.org/TR/shadow-dom/) is undergoing heavy
refactoring to align closer to DOM Core terminology and straighten up
concepts, learning from experience. Hayato Ito (hayato@chromium.org) has
been driving this work and is now the spec's primary editor. I would like
to suggest Yuta Kitamura (yutak@chromium.org) as test facilitator, since
he's the one who spent most of the time reviewing and improving the
existing test suite. The ETA of the next WD is end of year.

* HTML Imports (http://www.w3.org/TR/html-imports/) is getting close to the
next WD. Hajime Morrita has been working on that spec, and I would like to
put him down as the primary editor.

At some point, we need to look at these specs and consider whether they
should remain independent normative dcuments or be incorporated into
existing ones like HTML or DOM. For example, HTML Imports is mostly a
monkeypatch for HTML spec. But this discussion hasn't started yet.

:DG<