Re: [webcomponents]: Making <link rel="components"> produce DocumentFragments

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'd rather like it if the spec said "the component document is a document
>> that's always in standards mode and has no children" and then the contents
>> of the component were put into a DocumentFragment.
>>

> Should it bother us that depending on the implementation, one document
> could be shared among all component fragments or not?

Yes. The spec should be prescriptive on this point.

I think that the content property should be DocumentFragment, for
consistency with template, and because document has irrelevant API.

--
Email SLA <http://goto.google.com/dc-email-sla> •
Google+<https://plus.sandbox.google.com/111762620242974506845/posts>