Re: [shadow-dom] Counters and list item counting

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:43 AM, Andrei Bucur <abucur@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to clarify a certain situation:
>   <ol>
>     <li>A</li>
>     <li id="host">
>         <ShadowRoot>
>                 <li>X</li>
>                 <li>Y</li>
>         <ShadowRoot>
>     </li>
>     <li>C</li>
>   </ol>
>
> How is this case supposed to be rendered?
> 1. A
> 2. 1. X
>     2. Y
> 3. C
>
> or
>
> 1.  A
> 2,3. X
> 4. Y
> 5. C
>
> Basically, do we want the shadow root to become the counting root for the <li>s inside the shadow or we let them go through the upper boundary and use the <ol> instead?
> I would vote for the first rendering as it seems to better respect the shadow encapsulation. If so, it also means we need to prevent the propagation of the type, reversed etc. attributes of the parent <ol>
> to the shadow <li>s, right?

Hm, either rendering is consistent with what we've already answered.
I think I'm with you, saying that the shadow root is also a root for
counter scopes.  I'd like Elliot to comment before I commit to
anything, though, as he knows more about WebKit's counter
implementation.

~TJ