Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Chances are that behavior would remain for the foreseeable future even if
> page-provided components expose their internals, from what I understand...
> So that's a somewhat orthogonal discussion, sadly.  :(

I agree, it's very unlikely the UA shadow trees will ever be public.
However, Shadow DOM (the spec) does allow you to completely override
the UA shadow tree by just creating a new shadow tree on top of it.
Current implementation in WebKit is not yet quite there, but I hope it
will be soon.

:DG<