Re: [shadow-dom] Counters and list item counting

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/19/13 2:20 PM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
>> Currently in Webkit list item counting is done on the render tree, but
>> we are looking at making it use the DOM instead so that ordered lists
>> work properly in regions.
>
> Why wouldn't they work properly even if done on the render tree?
>
> Note that if you do list item counting on the DOM, how are you planning to
> implement http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#undisplayed-counters ?

There's some layer-breaching intrinsic to this.  You do have to
examine your styles to see if you generate a box.

I wouldn't want it to rely on the box tree, though, as that means
things like 'order' would affect list item numbering, not to mention
the effects that Elliot brings up.

~TJ