Re: Custom elements ES6/ES5 syntax compromise, was: document.register and ES6

Ok. Since you showed both returning constructors, I just assumed in both
cases the returned constructor would be different, if required by platform.

I guess my attitude is to say "always write it like this MyThing =
document.register(...), because depending on your runtime scenario it may
return a different method."

Yes, it's not ideal, but then there is only one way to write it.