Re: Custom elements ES6/ES5 syntax compromise, was: document.register and ES6

Yeah, this post does not really talk about syntax. It comes after a
discussion how we could use ES6 class syntax.

The ES6 classes have the same semantics as provided in this thread using
ES5.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>wrote:
>

>> MyButton = document.register(‘x-button’, {
>>   prototype: MyButton.prototype,
>>   lifecycle: {
>>      created: MyButton
>>   }
>> });
>>

> Does this actually mean that the second argument has a property called
> "prototype" that itself has a special meaning?

This is just a dictionary.

> Is the re-assignment MyButton intentional? I see the original "MyButton"
> reference as the value of the created property, but then
> document.register's return value is assigned to the same identifier? Maybe
> this was a typo?
>

>> document.register(‘x-button’, {
>>  constructor: MyButton,
>> });
>>

> Same question as above, but re: "constructor"?

Same answer here.

I'm not happy with these names but I can't think of anything better.

--
erik