Re: Allow ... centralized dialog up front

So how exactly do you imagine this going down when an application that uses
half a dozen such capabilities starts? Clicking trough half a dozen allow
-> allow -> allow -> allow -> allow -> allow, you really think the user's
gonna bother what the 5th or sixth allow is about? You'll end up annoying
the user, the developer and scaring people off a page. Somehow I can't see
that as the function of new capabilities you can offer on a page.
Furthermore, some capabilities (like pointerlock) actively interfere with
the idea that when you need it you can click it (such as the concept of
pointer-lock-drag which requests pointerlock on mousedown and releases it
on mouseup) where your "click it when you need it" idea will always fail
the first usage. Not exactly confidence inspiring either, as a UX.