Re: HTML5 web messaging - postMessage

Hi Jack. Here we are both profesionals, volunteers and mainly
profesionals volunteering. W3C and WhatWG are not companies but only
places where anybody can add propositions and discuss them, but here
nobody get money (directly) from work here. Me, for example, I'm just
an student.

I can understand your point of view and necessity of improve the
standards, I also had the same problem in other aspects and complained
about it when my propositions where discarded although they improved
the standard, but the best I can say to you, if you so much need these
modifications, you can implement them yourself, build an adaptor over
the current status, or the best addapt your idea about what's the
current state of the things. Be angry about don't do the things the
right way (as supossed to you) it's not the way to go.

Less words, more work.

2013/1/28 Jack (Zhan, Hua Ping) <jackiszhp@gmail.com>:
> Dear Travis,
> Glad to hear from you.
>
> Are you guys do volunteer job for that? or are you get paid for that?
> If you guys are volunteering there, I have no say about.
> If you guys do get paid, then please be professional and put things
> right at the first place.
>
> Bad standard wastes internet community's time, energy, and money too.
>
> with best regards
> Jack (Zhan, Hua Ping)
> +1-647-971-6390
>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Travis Leithead
> <travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Jack,
>>
>> With all due respect, this feedback is a little late. The spec in question is now at candidate recommendation, and there are multiple interoperable implementation in existence. While this is not to say that the spec cannot be changed at this point, I would anticipate that many participants in the working group (include myself) would be very hesitant to change their implementations due to existing web compatibility.
>>
>> Having said that, I don't believe that the existing design of postMessage is as bad is you make it sound :-)
>>
>> -Travis

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux