Re: [admin] If you use `respec`, your ED may be broken

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>wrote:

> Editors that use Respec - if you use Respec, your ED may be broken due to
> a recent change in the way hg/dvcs is configured ...
>
> I noticed at least the following EDs do not properly display the ED's
> boilerplate nor the Status of the Document section: DOM P&S, File API: D&S,
> File API: Writer; Gamepad, IDB, IME, PointerLock, Push API, Screen
> Orientation.
>
> Robin indicated you need to do the following to address this problem:
>
> [[
> instead of:
>
> <script type="text/javascript" src='http://darobin.github.**
> com/respec/builds/respec-w3c-**common.js<http://darobin.github.com/respec/builds/respec-w3c-common.js>'
> class='remove'></script>
>
> use:
>
> <script src='//www.w3.org/Tools/**respec/respec-w3c-common<http://www.w3.org/Tools/respec/respec-w3c-common>'
> class='remove' async></script>

This doesn't work well when loading a local respec file since it looks for
file://www.w3.org/... (and fails).  This makes it harder to work on the ED.

It seems safer to just use https when loading the respec-w3c-common file -
that way it works everywhere.