Re: [PointerLock] Should there be onpointerlockchange/onpointerlockerror properties defined in the spec

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> This seems like a weird case to optimize for. Refactoring the whole
> event system implementation isn't something that implementors are
> going to do very often. Much less often than implementing new
> specifications hopefully. And definitely not something that reviewers
> or authors will do.

Fair enough. Does not change that HTML is needed anyway for new HTML
attributes and their interaction with other HTML features.

But if we put aside where it is defined, the much more interesting
question still is what we should define. Do we want to follow the HTML
model of exposing these on Window/Document/HTMLElement, or should we
just put them on Document? (And if the latter, how does that compare
to other events that only dispatch on certain objects yet have event
handler attributes everywhere?)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/