Re: HTML imports and rendering

Hello,

HTML Imports spec relies on the concept of "things that is blocking
scripts".
In HTML, <link>-ed styles are blocking scripts. So All styles that precede
a <script> are loaded before the script execution.
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/semantics.html#the-link-element

HTML Imports behaves in similar manner. The <link>s to HTML Import block
following <script> execution.
So in practice, linked imports are loaded before the page rendering like
liked styles are applied before that,
because most of the pages will have some kind of initialization script.

Does this make sense?

# @dglazkov correct me if I'm wrong.

--
morrita