Re: [webcomponents]: Declarative Custom Elements Take Umpteen, The Karate Kid Edition

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org> wrote:
>

>> <element name="foo-bar">
>>    <script>
>>        class FooBar {
>>        };
>>    </script>
>> </element>
>

> Is it then possible to explicitly return the class after definition? I'm
> asking because <script> return value is something I was not aware of.

Yes, by wrapping it in parenthesis. The spec
http://people.mozilla.org/~jorendorff/es6-draft.html#sec-13.5 seems to say
that (class X { }) returns X but class X { } at the top level returns
undefined.

Thankfully it's not too gross, you'd just have:

<script>
(class MyCustomWidget : HTMLElement {
  // ...
})
</script>

...   ...
>    <script>
>        class FooBar {
>        };
>
>        return FooBar;

"return" isn't valid in the top level execution block which sucks. It would
nice if we relaxed that restriction and allowed a return up there.

- E