Re: jar protocol

On 07/05/2013 22:35 , Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> There have been many proposals over the years that would allow for some-
> thing like this, http://www.w3.org/TR/DataCache/ for instance, allows to
> "intercept" certain requests to aid in supporting offline applications,
> and `registerProtocolHandler` combined with `web+`-schemes go into a si-
> milar direction. Those seem more worthwhile to explore to me than your
> one-trick-strawman.

I am well aware of this, well acquainted with these proposals, and I
certainly hope that NavigationController (which is pretty much the
Return of DataCache) will come to fruition.

That said I do believe that there is value in addressing common use
cases with a common solution, so long as it is cheap enough and well
layered. We don't know that yet, but I think it's worth investigating.

> Well, `rel='bundle'` would have to be supported by "everyone", because
> past critical mass there would be too many "nobody noticed the fallback
> is not working until now" cases, so that seems rather uninteresting in
> the longer term.

It's valuable in order to get to the critical mass.