Re: [Gamepad] spec status

On 5/2/2013 12:23 PM, Florian Bösch wrote:
> I'd like to note that the current semantic (in google chrome) of
> "press button to connect device" is not very user friendly. Not all
> buttons register as buttons (some register as axes) and won't do
> anything. Some devices are also devoid of buttons (like the oculus
> rift) to press.

I believe my current implementation in Firefox allows interacting with
either a button or an axis. The downside to that is that it's not great
unless you also implement deadzones for axes, otherwise you can wind up
accidentally sending input to pages.

I don't think devices like the Oculus Rift are in scope for this spec,
we've explicitly stated that we're only attempting to spec interaction
with gamepad devices that are comprised of buttons and axes.

-Ted