Re: ZIP archive API?

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any optimized inflate implementation in JS to compare
> against, and it's a complex algorithm, so nobody is likely to jump forward
> to spend a lot of time implementing and heavily optimizing it just to show
> how slow it is.  I've seen an implementation around somewhere, but it didn't
> use typed arrays so it would need a lot of reworking to have any meaning.

Likewise, I don't see any browser vendor jumping ahead and doing both
the work to implement a library *and* and API to compare the two.

> Every browser already has native inflate, though.

This is unfortunately not a terribly strong argument. Exposing that
implementation through a DOM API requires a fairly large amount of
work. Not to add maintaining that over the years.

/ Jonas