Re: [IME] Preparing some feedback

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 10:23:18 +0100
To: Takayoshi Kochi (河内 隆仁) <kochi@google.com>
Cc: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, Kenji Baheux <kenjibaheux@google.com>, Jianfeng Lin <jianflin@microsoft.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Takayoshi Kochi (河内 隆仁)
<kochi@google.com> wrote:
> Before getting into details, is it appropriate to discuss CSS properties
> (ime-*) and HTML attribute (inputmode) here?
>
> At least, I think I should not incorporate CSS/HTML spec into the IME API
> spec, as they are already in the separate specs
> and duplication will make lots of issues.

Discussing at least the effects of the features might be appropriate.
I.e. HTML/CSS defining syntax, and you defining behavior. E.g.
Fullscreen defers to HTML for the definition of the allowfullscreen
attribute, but the effects of that attribute (through the allow
fullscreen flag) are defined in the Fullscreen API Standard.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/