Re: [Shadow DOM] Simplifying level 1 of Shadow DOM

Hello,

This is an interesting suggestion. Here are some notes:

Reducing to one insertion point doesn't, in itself, eliminate

>> distribution, getDistributedNodes(), etc
>> <content select>

I assume you mean "one insertion point that always selects everything".

Also, fwiw,

>> <shadow>

we use for inheritance.

And

>> * reprojection

we use for composition.

"We" in the above refers to my team which is using ShadowDOM (in native and
polyfill forms) to make interesting custom elements.