Re: Collecting real world use cases (Was: Fixing appcache: a proposal to get us started)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 19:19:17 +0300, Paul Bakaus <pbakaus@zynga.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonas,
>
> Thanks for this  I feel this is heading somewhere, finally! I still need
> to work on submitting my full feedback, but I'd like to mention this: Why
> did nobody so far in this thread include real world use cases?

We submitted a few (they are not completely fleshed out but they are
actual things we do) in the related thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0949.html

> For a highly complex topic like this in particular, I would think that
> collecting a large number of user use cases, not only requirements, and
> furthermore finding the lowest common denominator based on them, would
> prove very helpful, even if it's just about validation and making people
> understand your lengthy proposal. I.e. "a news reader that needs to sync
> content, but has an offline UI".
>
> Do you have a list collected somewhere?

There are also use cases in the discussions of "hosted apps" in the
SysApps WG - they are essentially working on the same problem.

cheers

Chaals