Re: [webcomponents]: Of weird script elements and Benadryl

On 4/17/13 11:16 PM, Rick Waldron wrote:
> I'm of the mind that browser vendors and implementors need to be
> accountable to the developers using the platform, instead of developers
> being hostages of the platform.

As this specifically applies to .ownerDocument, note that lots of
elements have all sorts of behavior that depends on the document that
they're associated with, and that developers using the platform use
those features every single day.

Making newly-created elements not be associated with a document would
cause them to be pretty broken in all sorts of interesting ways...

-Boris