Re: [webcomponents]: Platonic form of custom elements declarative syntax

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:21 PM, John J Barton
<johnjbarton@johnjbarton.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com> wrote:
>
>> >  how that specific script tag knows what its "this" value is
>>

> Isn't the precedent:
>
> <template bindtotagname="my-yay">
>     <script>
>         onBind() {
>           this.register(ExactSyntaxTBD);
>         }

Surely you didn't mean to write it this way? Concise MethodDefinition* *can
only appear as PropertyDefinition or a ClassElement ;)

    <script>
>     <shadowroot>
>     </shadowroot>
> </template>
>
> That is, the whole point of the script is to modularize the JS + HTML
> right?  Even better is something like
> <template bindtotagname="my-yay">
>     <script>
>        class MyYay {
>          constructor() {
>           // |this| is the dark div
>           this.register(ExactSyntaxTBD);  // sry if this makes no sense...
>          }
>        }

Of everything that's been presented so far, this is the only approach that
actually makes sense—and it's based in reality—Thanks John!

Rick

    <script>