RE: In WebIDL, should having a .prototype on interface objects be optional?

> From: Boris Zbarsky [mailto:bzbarsky@MIT.EDU]
>
> On 9/28/12 4:28 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> > 1. Should we make it so that if you implement one or more partial
> > interfaces but not the actual one, then an empty actual interface is
> > implied?
>
> That's fine by me.
>
> > 2. Is it really important to avoid a prototype from existing on URL in
> > this case?  I think I'd rather just leave it exist.
>
> I think the idea is to allow object-detection of whether the URL spec is
> supported.

It seems more important to check for the features of the spec, rather than spec support in general. I would expect if (URL.createObjectURL) for example. I also think .prototype removal need not be a special case for
this circumstance.