Re: [pointerlock] Is Pointer Lock feature complete i.e. LC ready? [Was: Re: [admin] Publishing specs before TPAC: CfC start deadline is Oct 15]

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/12 11:46 AM, ext Vincent Scheib wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> * Pointer Lock - Vincent - what's the status of the spec and its
>>> implementation?
>>
>> Firefox 14 and Chrome 22 shipped Pointer Lock implementations to
>> stable channel users recently. (Check out this Mozilla demo
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread, using
>> either.)
>>
>> Pointer Lock specification did have minor adjustments (inter-document
>> and iframe sandbox security issues, pending state and mouse movement
>> clarifications). diffs:
>> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerlock/log/default/index.html
>>
>> So, I'm happy to prepare an updated working draft.
>

> Thanks for the update Vincent!
>
> Do you and/or the implementers consider the spec feature complete, which is
> a major factor to determine if the spec is "Last Call ready" (other
> considerations are documented at [1])?

There are no known issues, and no known additional features. We
haven't seen many applications developed yet, but there have been a
few functionally complete demos.  Reading over [1] I believe it is
"Last Call Ready".