Re: [admin] Publishing specs before TPAC: CfC start deadline is Oct 15

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:

> The upcoming TPAC meeting week (Oct 29-Nov2) provides an opportunity for joint WG meetings and lots of informal information sharing. As such, it can be useful to make new publications before TPAC.
>
> There is a publication "blackout period" around TPAC and Oct 23 is the last day to request publication before TPAC. Given our 1-week CfC for new publications, weekends, etc., Oct 15 is the last day to start a CfC to publish a document before TPAC. However, a lot of groups publish documents at this time so starting the CfC earlier is highly recommended.
>
> Scanning [PubStatus], here are some potential candidates to publish before TPAC. It would be good to re-publish our newer specs, especially if the spec has had some relatively significant changes (since FPWD) and/or it is getting some implementation/deployment:
>
> * File API - Arun can you get this spec ready for LC by October 15?
>
> * Gamepad - Scott, Ted - what's the status of the spec and its implementation?
>
> * Indexed Database API - Jonas, Eliot - what's the status of LC#1 comment processing? Is a new LC going to be necessary?
>
> * Pointer Lock - Vincent - what's the status of the spec and its implementation?

Firefox 14 and Chrome 22 shipped Pointer Lock implementations to
stable channel users recently. (Check out this Mozilla demo
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/demos/detail/bananabread, using
either.)

Pointer Lock specification did have minor adjustments (inter-document
and iframe sandbox security issues, pending state and mouse movement
clarifications). diffs:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/pointerlock/log/default/index.html

So, I'm happy to prepare an updated working draft.