Re: Moving File API: Directories and System API to Note track?

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> I read over your points. But I don't think they would change Apple's
> calculation about exposing an API to the real user filesystem in Safari,
> particularly as specified. I do think that my more minimal API might also
> be a better fit for the "real filesystem" use case, as it removes a bunch
> of unnecessary levels of indirection and abstraction that exist in the
> other proposals. But I think it is unlikely we would expose that aspect.

I don't personally care either way about which style of API is used, as
long as it's designed carefully and satisfies the use cases.

But I don't understand why this feature is being rejected on its face.  No
issues have been raised that seem unsolvable; when solutions are presented
to issues, the response is "interesting, but still no", so it feels like
this is being rejected without any explanation at all.

I'm interested in the same from Mozilla side: what are the real issues that
you think are unsolvable, or do you just think the underlying use cases
aren't compelling enough for the work required?

--
Glenn Maynard