Re: Moving File API: Directories and System API to Note track?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Edward O'Connor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Olli wrote:
>
>> I think we should discuss about moving File API: Directories and
>> System API from Recommendation track to Note.
>
> Sounds good to me.

Indeed. We are not enthusiastic about implementing an API that has to
traverse directory trees as this has significant technical challenges, or
may expose user's path names, as this has security implications. Also AIUI
this API is not a good fit for all platforms.